Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Day Has Come


09-22-2014
6:00 AM
I arose prior to the sound of the clock radio.   I lay in bed for a while.  Today is the first day of our journey to French Polynesia.   We are on a non-stop flight to LA at 9:15 AM.  It's a beautiful day.  Cloudless and the temperature is just perfect. 
We got a Lyft car to transport us to Reagan National Airport.  After checking our bags we eventually went to the waiting area for our call to board the plane.  The flight was almost booked solid.  The ticket person gave me an exit row seat that appeared to have been vacant.  Dolly and I would not be sitting together.  That was only OK, but nothing more than OK.  The flight was good and uneventful. 

I called the rental agency for our minivan and they told me to take the parking lot bus to Lot 1 and there would be a driver waiting for us.  We caught the next bus and got off at Lot 1.  the driver was there waiting for us and took us to the office.  Dolly was concerned that the vehicle had not tags on it.  I had inquired about that and the clerk told me as long as I had the contract, I was legal.

We got a rental minivan and proceeded down the street to our hotel, the Best Western Suites Plus.    It is close to the airport.  We got settled in and connected with Judi and Brook.  We arranged to get together later in the evening for dinner.  Brook worked a little late so Dolly and I picked up Judi and Brook was going to meet us at the restaurant.  We had decided on FWD, Fishing With Dynamite.  It was an interesting small place in Manhattan Beach.  Brook came about 30 minutes later.

We had a great meal in a nice atmosphere.  The food was excellent and the music was "kicking".  We all had a great time and enjoyed each other.  We left and headed our respective ways.  It was a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment